The FAFSA: What You Should Know

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required by all college and university financial aid departments in order to award any type of Student Aid.  That normally includes scholarships!  So if you have been told you will be receiving a scholarship of any type, you will most likely be required to submit a FAFSA before your scholarship can be posted to your financial aid award.  Whether your family income is less than $20,000 or more than $200,000, you will need to submit a FAFSA every year you are in college.  The information required on the FAFSA (income, number in the household, number in college and assets) will be used to calculate your family Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number. This tells the college how much your parents or you can afford to pay toward your education for next year. So the lower your EFC number is, the more money you may be offered by your college.

There are three things that are important for your FAFSA:

  1. File it Early
  2. Be sure it is Accurate
  3. Do Follow-Up

We will look at the first two in this post and the third will be addressed in our next post.


The FAFSA is available for each new school year on January 1st and it should be completed as soon after that date as possible.  If all the colleges you are considering are in Texas, our advice is to complete it before March 1st which, in most cases, will be the priority deadline for financial aid. If you are looking at out of state colleges, check with them for the Priority deadline.  Many experts nationwide have started recommending as early as February 1st and you may be applying for a scholarship that requires it to be submitted even earlier. The priority deadline is the date that colleges start awarding funds and, since everything besides Federal Pell Grant or Student Loans is awarded on a first-come first-served basis, you want to be first in line! You are actually eliminated from some state programs such as the Top 10% Scholarship if you don’t complete it before March 1st.  The financial aid deadline is very different from the priority deadline so don’t be fooled when you see a deadline posted on your college’s website; the financial aid deadline is the last date you can submit it and expect an award package for the upcoming semester.  The Priority deadline is the best-if-completed-by deadline. You do not have to wait until you make the final decision on the college you plan to attend to complete the FAFSA. You can list all your possibilities up to 10 schools so that should cover your choices. So apply Early to receive the most money.


Since the FAFSA determines how much money you will receive, you should make sure it is accurate! The reason it is only available after January 1st is that you will need the previous year income information on yourself and your parents or spouse. (See here for more information about dependency.)

The information you will need is as follows:

  • Income information – You can use yours and your parents’ Income tax return, if it is already completed. Most people don’t have their return that early so you can do the FAFSA with an estimate and correct it later.  This will put you in line for money on the date you have filed it with the estimate, however don’t wait too long to enter the new information because at some point the college will be forced to by-pass your application if it isn’t correct. To get a good estimate you can use W-2 forms or last year’s tax return if income hasn’t changed much.  You should also have available other income information such as child support, or retirement benefits that were received during the year. If you or a parent paid out child support for another child, you should also have the amount that was paid during the year.  This information will help you because it reduces the income used in the calculation.
  • Number of people in your household – use parents household if you are dependent or the number in your household if you are independent.  Always include yourself in parent household even if you no longer live there. If you are independent due to marriage or a child you support but live with someone else, parent, grandparent, sister etc., you should only show your family that you are responsible for, for example: spouse and/or child and yourself
  • Number in college – count yourself and any siblings you have that will also be in college during the next school year. Do not count a parent that is in college.
  • Assets – Parent assets will include the amount of money they have in bank accounts, any property they own other than their home, any stocks they own that are not part of a retirement plan and any educational saving plans. They will not include retirement plans, their home, their business if it has less than 100 employees or their farm if they live on any part of the farm. Student assets are where you need to be careful!  Your parents will have a deductible amount before any of their assets count against you in the EFC calculation and even if they go over their deductible, which few parents do, only about 5% of the amount over the deductible is used in the calculation. However, dependent students do not get a deductible and all of their assets will be considered in the calculations.  This means that if you have $5,000 in your bank account you could lose $2-3,000 in financial aid because of it. So what you need to remember is it asks for your current balance of your bank accounts meaning as of the day you complete your FAFSA.  Therefore, take advantage of this loophole and make sure your accounts are as low as possible on day you submit your FAFSA.  If your account is a joint account with a parent, check to see whose social security number is on the account.  If your social security number is on it, then you must report the account as yours so you may want to move some money temporarily. If it is under your parent’s number then it should be added to their assets. Educational savings plans or IRA’s are considered a parent asset even though you are a beneficiary. So make very sure you don’t mistakenly show assets for yourself that you don’t have to!
  • Parent and Student Social Security numbers and Dates of Birth are required. If a parent doesn’t have a social security number you should enter 000-00-0000.
  • If parents are married or divorced you will need the month and year that occurred.
  • If you are not a citizen you will also need your Alien Registration Number.  If you have a social security card that is stamped “For Work Purposes Only” you will need to complete the Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA) instead of the FAFSA because you are not eligible for federal money but you could be considered for state funds.

The FAFSA is a “smart” form and it may skip some of the questions based on your answers to other questions and that is perfectly alright.  So you may not be asked for Asset information for example. It also triggers additional questions based on other answers, so you may be asked questions like whether you or your siblings are on a free or reduced lunch program or if your parents receive food stamps. So don’t be worried if you are asked different questions than someone else who has completed the form.

That’s all for now. Stay tuned for our next post where we’ll talk about the importance of Following Up!


College Choices: How to Decide What’s Right for You

Did you know McLennan County has more college choices than any other county in the state? We are home to both McLennan Community College and Texas State Technical School-Waco, both of which rank nationally among community and technical colleges respectively. We also have a top of the line research university in Baylor as well as access to four-year degrees from other major universities through the University Center on MCC campus. There are plenty of choices out there, now it’s just a matter of choosing one to attend! To help you out with your decision, here are some things to consider.

What costs can I expect?

1. Traditional Four-Year College or University

You can look up the cost of attendance at a school you are considering at CollegeForAllTexans.  However, while the average cost of tuition at a state school is between $7,000 and $10,000 each year, the average total cost of attendance, which includes things like books and living expenses, is around $20,000-$25,000 per year. Private universities vary, so you will need to consult the state website or the college website for the exact cost of any specific private university.

2. Community College (Two-Year)

Again, exact costs for a specific community college are available at CollegeForAllTexans. However, the average cost of tuition is around $2,000-$3,500 each year and the average total cost of attendance is around $12,000-$15,000 each year.

3. State Technical College (Two-Year)

The average cost of tuition is $4,000 each year and the average total cost of attendance is around $15,000.  Remember: state technical colleges (TSTC) are considered year round with three semesters included in the cost.

Now how can you pay for it?

1. Grants

If your annual family income is under $50,000, you can expect to be eligible for some federal or state grants. The amount of your federal Pell Grant may range anywhere from about $900 to $5,645 each year and the state TEXAS Grant is close to the average tuition at a state college or community college (keep in mind that the availability of state grants varies from year to year). Check with your college to see if you need to complete other forms for State grants.

2. Scholarships

Most colleges have a scholarship application you should submit to determine your eligibility and you should sign up for at least one free online scholarship search like FastWeb, Cappex, or Always apply for any scholarships you may be eligible to receive, no matter what other funding you may be receiving. Full scholarships are rare and usually only cover tuition not dorm costs etc. Complete scholarship applications for all colleges where you have applied for admission.  You can always turn down the scholarship if you decide on another college, but you can’t go back and fill one out.

3. Student Loans

The maximum Federal student loan amount available to dependent freshman students is $5,500. You should also inquire about state loan possibilities. (See here for more information about state loans)

4. Parent Loans

These are usually offered by colleges to cover the balance of the costs, so check with the Financial Aid department at the colleges you are considering.

5. Work Study

There is also the option of working at least part time while in college, either through the college work-study program or an off campus job.  About 80% of college students work at least part time, so it’s not unreasonable to plan on working to pay some of your living expenses.

If you’ve been comparing the amount of financial aid available to the average costs of attendance, then you know at this point how important it is to apply for private scholarships. Federal and state aid can offer you some help, but you’ll probably have to look for more opportunities to attend the college of your choice.

How does this help me to make my decision?

If cost of attendance and taking out student loans are a strong concern of yours, then you can see that the local community college or technical college are your most cost effective choices. Most students that live at home can finish their two year degree with no student loan debt, or at least very minimal debt. Having completed your basics and earning your Associate degree, you can always transfer to another university to complete your four-year degree to cut the amount of student loans you take out in half.  If you live at home and attend the University Center on the MCC campus, you may even earn your four-year degree with no loans. The University Center allows students to attend classes on the MCC Campus and receive a degree from a four-year university, such as Tarleton State or Texas Tech.

If cost isn’t necessarily your first concern or you are set on attending a four-year university then experts agree you should go for it, but make sure to keep plenty of options.  Don’t automatically assume that you can’t afford to attend your first choice for college, but don’t ignore other possibilities either.  You should apply to several colleges and include one or two colleges that you consider “stretch” colleges.  In other words, colleges you would like to attend but don’t really think you will be able either to be admitted or afford. Also include a local choice just in case the cost of living on-campus turns out to be more than you want to spend. Then submit your scholarship applications to every school where you’ve applied for admission. Make sure to list all these choices on your FAFSA so you can compare your award package options for each one later.

When making your choice and looking at possible student loans, don’t forget to look at your career options and future earnings.  There are several good sources for career information available online and at some college websites.  MCC offers a Career Coach that can help you find out what kind of jobs you can get with a degree, the availability of those jobs, where they are available, as well as the starting salary. This will give you an idea of what you will be able to afford after graduation as far as loan repayment.  Keep in mind that repayment options for federal student loans are good, offering low interest with a 10 year payout, and there are even some jobs that will enable you to enroll in loan cancellation programs. However, you still want to be careful with your borrowing.

So compare all your options and try to visit the colleges you are considering, and then choose the one that is the right fit for you.  Remember, the goal is for you to be successful in college, no matter what you want to study or where you want to go!

Top 10 Most Frequently Asked Questions about the MAC Scholarship

The MAC Program offers a variety of resources for you McLennan County college students, and some of you may have already received your letter from us recently containing a paper application for the MAC Scholarship. As the December 1st deadline for the application rapidly approaches, we wanted to give y’all a little more about the MAC Scholarship itself. MAC Scholarship recipients are awarded $5,000 for the last two years of your college career no matter where they are attending school, and the three Baylor transfer students who applied with the highest GPAs will receive full scholarships! You can fill out a paper application for the MAC Scholarship and mail it to us, or you can apply online here.

Students who are eligible to receive the MAC Scholarship meet the following criteria:

  • They applied to the MAC Program during their senior year of high school
  • They submitted their MAC Scholarship applications before December 1st of their sophomore year in college
  • They will have completed approximately 60 credit hours (two years) before June 1st of the upcoming year
  • They have earned a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
  • If they planned to transfer, they sent us their letter of acceptance before June 1st of the upcoming year

We here at the MAC Program, we receive many questions about the MAC Scholarship, so we decided to go ahead and list the answers to the most frequent ones in a handy list.

1. If I don’t plan to transfer next year but will be at MCC one more year should I apply anyway?

Unless you’re in a special program, like Nursing, then you may not have completed the 60 credit hours required to apply for the MAC Scholarship. If you will have completed 60 credit hours, but intend to stay at MCC another year before transferring, you will want to wait until December 1st of next year to apply so you will receive your MAC Scholarship at the more expensive school.

 2Can I apply even if I didn’t go to MCC or TSTC?

Yes. If you applied to the MAC Program while you were a senior in high school, then you are eligible to apply for the MAC Scholarship no matter where you are attending college, even if you attend a school out of state.

 3. What if I am going to be in Nursing School or the University Center at MCC?  

The MAC Scholarship can be used for a continuing program such as Nursing at MCC.  If you are attending the University Center at MCC, you are considered a Junior/Senior working on your Bachelor’s Degree and are therefore eligible.

 4. What if I already have a scholarship for tuition?  

The MAC Scholarship, unlike the MAC Grant, isn’t a “last dollar toward tuition” grant.  It is a true scholarship, and you will be awarded $1,250 per semester for up to 4 semesters whether or not your tuition is paid for.  It can be used for living expenses if you don’t need it for tuition.

 5. What if I am already at Baylor, am I still eligible for the Full Scholarship at Baylor?

The full tuition scholarships are awarded to transfer students to attract successful students to Baylor. So while you may apply for a standard MAC Scholarship of $5,000, you do need to have completed your first 2 years at MCC, TSTC or some other community college in order to receive full tuition at Baylor.

 6. What if I won’t have 60 hours completed by June 1st?

If you plan to transfer during the next academic year (Fall or Spring), you should still apply for a MAC Scholarship if you are close to completing 60 credit hours or will be completing them next Summer or Fall before you transfer.  We don’t require students to take extra classes just so they can have 60 hours, but we do encourage you to get your Associates Degree if possible.  Attaining an Associate’s Degree or other goals along the way to a Bachelor’s has been shown to encourage students to work on their next big goal, and it provides some security in case something drastic happens and you are unable to complete your Bachelors Degree on schedule.

 7. What if I won’t be transferring until the spring semester?

You should still apply for the MAC Scholarship now.  When you are awarded the scholarship, just notify the MAC Program to hold it until the spring.  The scholarship will still only cover you for 4 semesters, but it would expire in December of the following school year instead of May. However if you will still need 2 years after your Spring semester, you have the option of waiting until next December 1st to apply for the next round of MAC Scholarships.

 8. What if I have funding for Fall And Spring but really need help paying for Summer classes or to Study Abroad?

Even though the MAC Grant doesn’t cover summer classes, we do offer our MAC Scholarship recipients the option of using one or more of their semesters for summer classes or to study abroad. Quite often, those are the classes they have the most trouble finding funding to pay for.

 9. What if I don’t quite have a 3.0 GPA?

You can still apply in December; you just need to improve your GPA to a 3.0 by the end of the spring semester.  We go by the grades you turn in by June 1st of the upcoming year.

 10. How does the Baylor scholarship work?

Three full Baylor scholarships are donated to the MAC Program each year to be awarded to transfer students. Of all the students who apply for the MAC Scholarship, we consider the students who intend to transfer to Baylor during the upcoming year. Of these transfer students, we award full scholarships to the three applicants who have the highest GPAs. Again, the final decision is based on the applicants’ GPAs after the end of the spring semester so students still have a chance to improve after they submit their applications. After being awarded, the three full tuition scholarships are managed by Baylor and include four semesters of tuition and most fees. They don’t cover summer classes, however, so make sure and contact the Financial Aid office if you’ll need funding during the summer that goes beyond your scholarship.

We here at the MAC Program hope this helps you understand a little more about the MAC Scholarship. If you have any more questions, you can give us a call, send us an email, or make an appointment to come in and talk with us. Remember to submit your applications soon!

Do I Need My Parent’s Financial Information for The FAFSA?

If you are considered a Dependent for the purpose of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you will be required to include your parents’ financial information along with your own. If you are considered Independent, however, you will only be required to include your own information. But if you’re just starting college, sometimes it can be hard to know the classification under which you fall. Here are some helpful hints for figuring it out!

On the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you will be asked the following questions to determine whether you will be considered a Dependent or Independent student:

  • Were you born before January 1, 1990?
  • As of today are you married?
  • At the beginning of the 2013-2014 school year, will you be working on a master’s or doctorate program (such as an MA, MBA, MD, JD, PhD, EdD, or graduate certificate, etc.)?
  • Are you currently serving on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces for purposes other than training?
  • Are you a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces?
  • Do you have children who will receive more than half of their support from you between July 1, 2013 and June 30, 2014?
  • Do you have dependents (other than your children or spouse) who live with you and who receive more than half of their support from you, now and through June 30, 2014?
  • At any time since you turned age 13, were both your parents deceased, were you in foster care or were you a dependent or ward of the court?
  • As determined by a court in your state of legal residence, are you or were you an emancipated minor?
  • As determined by a court in your state of legal residence, are you or were you in legal guardianship?
  • At any time on or after July 1, 2012, did your high school or school district homeless liaison determine that you were an unaccompanied youth who was homeless?
  • At any time on or after July 1, 2012, did the director of an emergency shelter or transitional housing program funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development determine that you were an unaccompanied youth who was homeless?
  • At any time on or after July 1, 2012, did the director of a runaway or homeless youth basic center or transitional living program determine that you were an unaccompanied youth who was homeless or were self-supporting and at risk of being homeless?

If you can answer Yes to any of the above questions, you will be considered an independent student on the FAFSA and generally will not need to provide your parents’ information.

However, if you answer No to all of the above questions, you will be considered a dependent student, and generally your parents must provide parental information on your FAFSA.

These are the only situations that make you automatically independent. If you have a special circumstance that prevents you from providing parental information, you may still be able to submit your FAFSA. However, your FAFSA will be considered incomplete. You must contact the financial aid office at your college and provide them with documentation to verify your situation. Most colleges have a form that you must complete with documentation of your situation in order to consider you for Independent status.

You’ll notice that the questions don’t ask about whether or not you live with your parents, whether or not your parents are willing to pay any of your college expenses, or whether or not you filed your own tax return. The reason for this is that none of the answers to those questions are relevant to your FAFSA dependency status. Even if you do not live with your parents, your parents have told you they’re not going to help pay for college, and you filed your own tax return, you must include their financial information on the FAFSA if you answer No to the above questions.

The most common errors that are made in answering these yes or no questions are:

  1. Students with children: Even if you have a child, if you don’t have any income from work, child support or other sources, you can’t be providing at least half the support for the child. In this case you would still be considered dependent on parents.  If you are a Father, even if you pay child support, colleges usually won’t allow you to claim independent status unless the child actually lives with you.  If the mother is also going to college and you aren’t married, then only one of you can use that child to claim Independent Status.  However the child support you pay is reported on the FAFSA and deducted from your income in the EFC (expected family contribution) calculation.
  1. Guardianship:  Notice the question says “legal” guardianship.  That means legal paperwork signed by a Judge. Just because you live with a relative doesn’t make them your legal guardian unless that guardianship has been awarded to them by court documents.

Now, if you are considered a Dependent student on the FAFSA, you may have trouble figuring out which parent to list. Below are the criteria you will use to decide.

  • If your parents are living and married, you answer the questions about both of them even if you don’t live with them.
  • If your parent is single, you only report the income and information on that parent.
  • If parents are divorced, answer the questions about the parent you live with most or if you don’t live with either the parent you last lived with.
  • If your parents have shared custody, and you live with each 1/2 the time, you would choose the household you want to consider your responsible household. That should be the one that provided the most financial support during the last year or the last few years.
  • If the parent that you are showing on your FAFSA has remarried, you will also report the income for your step parent.
  • The only people you can report as parents on your FAFSA are biological, adoptive or step parents.  You would never report a Grandparent or other relative as you parent unless they have adopted you.
  • If you are under a legal guardianship, that guardian is not responsible for you after you turn 18 even if you continue to live with them.  So you would not report your guardian as a parent, you would be independent.

If you have any trouble with dependency questions on the FAFSA, check out this flowchart for quick reference.

Dependency Flowchart

And remember, if you ever have any questions or want any help with the FAFSA in general, contact us for an appointment.

Top 7 Things Students Seeking Scholarships Should Know


You’re on-board for college. You’re researching schools, thinking about majors, and writing your application essays. The question now is: How am I going to pay? You’ve heard about the MAC Program and you’re planning on giving us a call after January 1st when the new FAFSA is released so you can be eligible for as much federal financial aid as possible, but will it be enough?

Reality Check

The truth is, even if you qualify for the maximum amount of federal aid, you may not receive enough to pay for college. According to recent figures from CollegeData, the average cost of tuition and fees was $22,261 in 2012-2013 at an in-state public college and $43,289 at a private college. If you, like many people, are worried about paying the difference, you’re going to need scholarships. Here are some helpful tips to find them.

7. Don’t Pay to Find Scholarships.

There are many free ways to check for scholarships online for free. Check out FastWeb, Cappex, and for a start. You can also talk to a counselor at your high school, who should have information about local scholarships and tips for filling them out.

These are reliable, easy-to-use resources, so don’t let anyone make you pay for services they’ll provide for free.

6. Look for All Kinds of Scholarships

Scholarships are not limited to students with the highest GPAs. Having great grades or test scores will help you, but there are a variety of scholarships out there for everything from financial need, to athletic ability, and even to hobbies.

Maybe you’re tall. Maybe you’re creative and looking to save money at prom. Maybe you’re just crazy about duck-calling. If you look around enough, there’s a scholarship out there for you.

5. Pay Attention to Deadlines

Each school has its own scholarship deadline, and many of them are earlier than you’d think. Make sure and check the website of every school you’re considering and put in your scholarship applications even before you know if you’re accepted.

Get your applications in before January. Some school’s deadlines are before January anyway, but even schools with later deadlines will get very busy after January hits. Early submissions are a good way to avoid the lines and make your application stand out.

4. Scholarships and Paperwork

When you’re filling out your scholarship application, it can be easy to overlook a step or a form you have to fill out. Make sure and read the instructions carefully and, more importantly, follow them. Even if a question doesn’t apply to you, make sure and mark it as “Not Applicable” or “N/A.” If an application is available online, or you can write the answers on your computer, always choose that over writing by hand. Even an accurate and punctual application is useless if it’s not legible.

Pro Tip: Make sure and use a professional email address on your applications, something as simple as firstname_lastname will do the trick. If you don’t have one, create one. It may not seem like a big deal, but whose application is more likely to be taken seriously: or goldengod89380x@dont-use-this.ever?

3. Make Your Application Stand Out

Put effort into making your application rise above the rest. You’ve already got a head start if you submit it early and have kept your hand-written answers to a minimum, now it’s all about the content.

Check and double-check your essay for spelling/grammar mistakes. Then do it again. Then ask a teacher to proofread it.

List all your accomplishments, including community service, awards, and evidence of your academic excellence.

If you need a letter of recommendation, choose a teacher that you have a good relationship with and give them plenty of time in advance to write it.

Then, proofread your essay again (can’t do this enough).

2. File Your FAFSA

Many scholarships, even those not based on financial need, require you to submit a FAFSA. You might be eligible for federal aid, so don’t miss out on that and scholarship money by forgetting to fill this out. If you want help, feel free to contact the MAC Program to set up an appointment.

We help file over 2,000 FAFSAs each year and we will never charge you, so give us a call.

1. Apply to the MAC Program

There is no reason not to. The only thing our application requires is your contact information and submission of a FAFSA. We offer a MAC Grant of up to $1,000 per semester to any McLennan County high school graduate with a family income of less than $50,000 who attends MCC or TSTC during the first four semesters and a MAC Scholarship of up to $1,250 to any McLennan County high school graduate with a family income of less than $50,000 who attends any college or university during the 3rd and 4th year.

Maybe you don’t think you’ll qualify because you’re not going to MCC or TSTC, or your family makes more than $50,000. But the MAC Scholarship during the last two years of school isn’t limited to MCC or TSTC, and maybe in a few years the economy will dip again. Things change, but we only accept applications to the MAC Program during your high school senior year, so be ready with a backup plan by submitting your application to our program now.

Financial Aid for College: First Steps

Deciding which college you want to attend is an exciting process! But it can also be stressful trying to figure out the best choice, how you’re going to pay for it, and the myriad details that may arise. So we’ve done some of the legwork for you with these first steps.

First off, make a list of the colleges you are considering and do some research. There are a number of factors that will impact your decision, but here are some fundamentals that will serve as a good baseline for your comparisons:

  • Tuition Expense
    • College for All Texans is a great resource for finding out the cost of tuition at any college or university in Texas.
  • Admissions Information and Deadlines
    • You can usually find these on a college’s website. Look for the keywords “Admissions” or “Prospective Students.” Once you know the application deadlines, you can check out Apply Texas to submit an application to each college you’re considering. While many colleges require an application fee, some (like McLennan Community College and Texas State Technical College) do not. Don’t underestimate the value of a free application to a school to which you’re even remotely interested in applying!
  • Financial Aid Information and Scholarship Deadlines
    • Again, the best place to look for this is the college’s website. Some colleges have priority scholarship deadlines as early as a year before your first semester there and require you to apply for scholarships before you even know if you’re accepted, so make sure and check early!

Remember that you can start looking for scholarships long before you’ve been accepted to a college, or even before you’ve submitted an application! Local scholarship information is sent to your high school counselors each year, and will often offer that information on your high school’s website.

You can also use several free resources online to search for other scholarships for which you might be eligible. Some of our favorites are FastWeb, Cappex, and

We’ll post more about federal and state financial aid in the future, but for now if you’d like more information about it you can visit the Department of Education’s website. And for an estimate of the aid for which you may be eligible, check out the FAFSA4caster.

If you’d like to learn more about financial aid, we here at the MAC Program are always happy to help. Feel free to email the program director Robbie Stabeno or program coordinator Sterling Moore with any questions you might have. If you’re looking to make an appointment with us, you can also call the MAC Program at (254) 752-9457 to set one up.